11 January 2011

Something's Happening....

Survived the "Blizzard" of 2011. It snowed here for about two hours and everyone here panicked. Went to class Sunday morning and was surprised at how deeply I could breathe. The pneumonia is gone and I feel great!! The class flew by and I did not seem to be overtired or overworked. My back bends were ok, Eagle was really good (again), and I fell out of Triangle, as usual. It went well and I could have done a second class, but we decided against it.

The great thing about Sunday, though, was after class. It was raining (the snow had not arrived yet) and a lot of people were taking their time to change clothes. There was a great deal of conversation and laughter -- there was a lot of positive energy and fellowship in there. It is one of the best things about the yoga and the studio itself. There are a lot of really cool people that attend, and you always get a "Hello!", or a nod, or a smile. It's the most positive, focused environment I've ever been a part of.

Yesterday, we made a rare Monday appearance at the studio. Missy had the day off and we attended the 4:30 class. WOW!!! More than 40 people in the room! Lots of energy, and lots of sweat. I was drenched before the first breathing set was complete. It almost felt like a spring or summer class -- warmest one I've been in since being ill. I must say that the heat didn't bother me until close to the end. No, I still can't "lock the knee", but I did hold it much longer than normal. Was it all the people and energy? Was it actually me?

I did have one "uh-oh" moment. In Locust, when asked to lift both legs at the same time, I felt a huge cramp in under the ribs on my left side. It happened in the previous class, too, but not to the same degree. I have to ask about that tonight.

As the title of this post says, something seems to be happening in my practice. I am able to do some postures better than ever, and the ones I can hardly do are getting (slightly) easier. I don't know if it due to the holiday "break" or because I feel really good right now. Whatever the reason, I just have to roll with it. I fully realize that, sooner or later, I will "crash and burn" -- it happens. Gotta roll with it, good and bad.

Finally, I was so proud of Missy last night. Sometimes, large crowds or limited space can bother her. Last night, she was a complete trooper and stayed with it for the whole class. I can't say enough about that! AWESOME!!!!

4 classes down, 196 to go

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment